A fluffy and sweet raspberry marshmallow dipped in semi-sweet chocolate. A great gift for Valentine's Day.
INGREDIENTS 40 SERVINGS
- 1 cup (275 milliliter) water, divided
- 3 packages (0.25 ounce) gelatin
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) Liquid Honey Beehive
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) seedless raspberry jam
- Red Food Colouring
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) icing sugar
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Grease a 9x9-in (23x23 cm) pan with butter.
- 2 Using a stand mixer and a whisk attachment, add ½ cup (125 mL) water and gelatin. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- 3 In a large sauce pan, add the granulated sugar, remaining ½ cup (125 mL) water, salt and honey. Bring to a boil and let cook for a couple minutes. Remove from heat promptly.
- 4 In a small sauce pan add the raspberry jam and heat it thoroughly. You want it to thin out. Opt for a raspberry jam that is seedless. If you have seeds in the jam, make sure to run it through a sieve.
- 5 Turn the mixer on low, and once the water and gelatin are incorporated, slowly add the hot sugar mixture to the bowl. Careful, it's hot! Add in the raspberry jam and the 4 drops of food colouring (add more food colouring if you want a darker marshmallow).
- 6 Whip on high for 12 minutes making sure to scrape down the bowl at least twice. Once the mixture has tripled in volume, add in the vanilla extract and let whip for an additional 2 minutes.
- 7 Working quickly, spread the marshmallow mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Make sure to move fast as this sets up quickly. Once all the mixture is in the pan, cover with a greased piece of plastic wrap and push down. Make sure there is no air bubble between the plastic wrap and ingredient mixture. Let sit overnight.
- 8 Once the marshmallows have set, carefully remove the slab from the pan. Make sure you have your work surface coated in icing sugar. Rub icing sugar over the top and bottom, as well as all of the sides.
- 9 With a large knife, cut the slab of marshmallows to your desired size (these are approximately 1.5-in/4 cm). After cutting, make sure to roll in icing sugar to coat them.
- 10 In a large microwave safe bowl, add in chocolate chips and microwave in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted. Dip one side of the marshmallow into the chocolate and stand upright to set. Store in an airtight container.
- 11 Test Kitchen Tips: Extracts are a staple in many baking recipes, but switching up the extract allows a recipe to take on a new flavour! Try using Club House Imitation Caramel or French Vanilla.