One taste of this creamy, velvety, subtly sweet beverage and you won’t bother with those store-bought versions again. Add to your morning coffee or tea, enjoy on cereal or simply pour a tall glass and enjoy. One taste of this creamy, velvety, subtly sweet beverage and you won’t bother with those store-bought versions again. Add to your morning coffee or tea, enjoy on cereal or simply pour a tall glass and enjoy. Read More Read Less
4h 15 min
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) raw natural almonds / cashews / macadamia nuts
- 6 cups (1.5 liters) cold filtered water , Divided
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Liquid Honey Unpasteurized Upside Down Squeeze
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 In a large jar or bowl, combine almonds and 2 ½ cups (625 mL) of the water. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 4 hours or refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- 2 Drain and rinse almonds; place in blender along with honey, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and remaining 3 ½ cups (875 mL) water. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes or until very smooth. Add more vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and honey as needed.
- 3 Working in batches, strain mixture through double layer of cheesecloth-lined sieve into large bowl. Gather edges of cheesecloth together, twisting to form seal. Squeeze over bowl to release as much milk as possible. (Alternately, use a nut milk bag and follow manufacturer’s instructions.)
- 4 Discard almond pulp or reserve for another use. Repeat with remaining milk mixture. Pour into a 1 L jar; seal and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Shake well before using.
- 5 Test Kitchen Tip: If you don’t mind a slightly grainy texture, skip the straining step and use blended milk on cereal and oatmeal.
- 6 Another favourite Billy Bee liquid honey can be swapped in for unpasteurized, if preferred.
Go To Meal Planner