This recipe was developed for Stubb’s by Joe, of MMMGOBLUBBQ.
1h 30 min
- 1 Ask your butcher to butterfly your pork loin for stuffing. Most likely, he will gladly do this for you. If not, it’s very simple to do at home. Hold your knife blade flat, parallel to the cutting board and cut lengthwise, leaving about 1/2 inch of loin between the knife and board. Start turning the loin and cutting as you go. Do not cut all the way through; leave one side intact. Try to keep the same thickness throughout. Open cut-side and lay flat, cover with plastic wrap, and lightly pound with a meat mallet or heavy cast iron pan.
- 2 Once you have your loin at the desired thickness, it’s time to add some stuffing. The filling for the pork loin is limited to by your imagination. Go crazy and have fun with this step. Pork pairs really well with sweet fruits and salty cheeses. The pineapple cream cheese is perfect for this filling along with spinach, tomatoes, parmesan cheese and garlic. Mix the stuffing ingredients with a few tablespoons of Stubb’s Pork Marinade and spread evenly over the rolled out loin. Use as much or as little as you like. This is up to you. Make sure the loin fat cap is facing out. Do not overstuff or it will be hard to roll up.
- 3 Once the stuffing is layered, start rolling. Do not roll super tight or we will lose some of our tasty cheese stuffing. Once it’s rolled up, use some kitchen twine to secure the loin. Space the twine out every 2 inches (5 cm).
- 4 Prepare grill for medium-low indirect heat, about 300°F (150°F). Add some pecan wood chunks for smoke (Any hard fruit wood will work). Once the grill is up to temp, coat the exterior of the rolled loin with Stubb’s Chicken Spice Rub. Don’t be shy, this is a good size piece of meat and will take on a lot of rub.
- 5 Place the loin on the unlit side of the grill and cook about 60 minutes. Start monitoring the internal temperature after an hour. Once internal temperature reaches 140°F ( 60°C) it is done. Remove from the heat and wrap tightly with foil. The internal temp will continue to rise, approximately 5 more degrees. Let rest 20 minutes. Slice into 3/4-inch (1 1/2-cm) thick pieces and drizzle with juices from the foil. You should see a small pink ring near the outer edge of the loin. This is the “smoke ring” which adds great smoke flavor. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon
Go To Meal Planner