Everybody loves sloppy joes…so Stubb’s took the recipe and jazzed it up with some chorizo and Original sauce. Just make sure you’ve got napkins handy.
- 1 pounds (500 grams) ground chuck (80% lean)
- 12 ounces (340 grams) Mexican pork chorizo (if using links, remove from casings)
- bag 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) Stubb's Original Bar-B-Q Sauce
- 0.5 cup (125 milliliter) water
- bag Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- bag Red wine vinegar, to taste
- bag 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 Cook and crumble beef and chorizo together in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain and return cooked meat to skillet.
- 2 Add onion to skillet; cook and stir, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in Stubb’s Original Bar-B-Q Sauce and water. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes. (The mixture is done when it’s moist and glazed, neither dry nor soupy.)
- 3 Add salt, pepper and vinegar as needed, to taste. (Meat mixture may be prepared 2 days in advance and refrigerated; reheat before using.) Serve hot, on toasted hamburger buns, with plenty of napkins.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.