This popular soup from Vietnam features rice noodles, flavourful soup stock, medium rare slices of beef and fresh herbs.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 4 cups (1 liter) Beef Stock
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ginger Ground
- 6 Cloves Whole
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Red Pepper Crushed
- 4 oz (113 grams) Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
- 1/2 lb (250 grams) boneless beef sirloin steak
- 4 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) fresh bean sprouts
- 1 lime , quartered
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) chopped fresh mint
- 1 Bring stock, soy sauce and spices just to boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 minutes. Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks. Return stock to boil.
- 2 Cook rice noodles as directed on package. Divide among 4 shallow soup bowls. Cut beef across the grain into thin slices. Divide beef slices, green onions and bean sprouts among the bowls.
- 3 Pour boiling stock (about 1 cup/250 mL) into each bowl. Serve with lime wedges, cilantro and mint.