A speedy twist on the traditional Korean side dish, enjoy this zesty pickleon everything from cheeseburgers to fried chicken or with rice dishes and Korean-style sticky ribs. Gochujang is a medium-spicy Korean chili paste that can be found in most Asian markets.
- 4 mini English cucumbers or pickling cucumbers thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 small carrot peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) gochujang
- 4 tsps (20 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Organic Sesame Seed
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Ginger Ground
- 1/2 tsp (1 ml) Minced Garlic
- 1 Place all ingredients in 1 L jar; seal and shake to combine.
- 2 Cover and let stand for 2 hours, or refrigerate for 24 hours. Drain before using.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• If gochujang is unavailable, replace with equal parts Club House Sriracha and Lime Signature Blend combined with Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce and add a dash of soy sauce.
• Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reserved kimchi brine can be used in salad dressings.