Wake up to rich decadence with our recipe for Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. These buttery bundles of delight come together with the warm, spicy taste and aroma of McCormick Gourmet Organic Saigon Cinnamon. Drizzle with a decadent cream cheese glaze and resist the temptation to ...
Wake up to rich decadence with our recipe for Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. These buttery bundles of delight come together with the warm, spicy taste and aroma of McCormick Gourmet Organic Saigon Cinnamon. Drizzle with a decadent cream cheese glaze and resist the temptation to eat them all before your crew wakes up!Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 package (8 gram) active dry yeast , (about 2 1/4 teaspoons or 11 mL)
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) warm water
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) milk
- 1/3 cup (76 grams) plus 8 tablespoons (113g) butter , melted, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) salt
- 3 1/2 cups (875 milliliters) all-purpose flour , divided
- 2/3 cup (150 grams) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Organic Cinnamon Saigon
- 2 icing sugar
- 1/2 package (125 grams) cream cheese , softened
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). For the Cinnamon Rolls, dissolve yeast in warm water in small bowl. Set aside. Mix milk, 1/3 cup (76g) of the melted butter, granulated sugar, egg and salt in large bowl. Add 2 cups (260g) of the flour; mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture and remaining 1 1/2 cups flour (195g); mix until a smooth, soft dough forms.
- 2 Knead dough by hand on lightly floured work surface 5 to 10 minutes or until dough bounces back when pressed. Or, knead dough in a stand mixer with dough hook attachment on medium speed. Place dough in a large, well-greased bowl. Cover bowl with a clean kitchen towel. Place bowl in a warm, draft-free place, such as inside of microwave oven or turned off oven, to rise until it’s doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.
- 3 Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to a 16x12-inch (40x30-cm) rectangle. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Brush dough with remaining 8 tablespoons (113g) melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Roll up rectangle from the long end into a log. Cut log into 12 rolls. Place cut-side down in greased 13x9-inch (33x23-cm) baking dish.
- 4 Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5 Meanwhile, for the Glaze, mix all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.