A classic salad of cheese, hard-cooked eggs, avocado and chives. We’ve kicked it up with an additional protein boost of quinoa, pistachios and deli-sliced roast beef (though it’s equally as delicious with chopped leftover steak or chicken).
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Chives Freeze Dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7 milliliters) Organic Mustard Seed Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) each salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 liter) chopped romaine or Bibb lettuce (or a mix of both)
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) cooked and cooled quinoa or brown rice
- 8 oz (250 grams) deli-sliced roast beef
- 4 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs , quartered into wedges
- 1 large ripe avocado , peeled and cubed
- 1 tomato , diced
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) shelled and coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 In large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, chives, dry mustard, salt and pepper; reserve and set aside half of the dressing. Add lettuce and quinoa to remaining dressing in bowl; toss to coat. Divide among bowls.
- 2 Top each with some of the roast beef, bacon, egg wedges, avocado, tomato and blue cheese; sprinkle with pistachios and drizzle with remaining dressing.