Filling, colourful and topped with a mouthwatering ginger-soy vinaigrette, this veggie and protein-loaded power bowl is the ultimate lunch upgrade.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Organic Sesame Seed
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ginger Ground
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or baby spinach
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) cooked and cooled brown rice or quinoa
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) shredded or chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) shredded or julienne carrots
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) sliced snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 1 sweet yellow or red pepper , thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) sliced almonds
- 1 In large bowl, whisk vinegar, mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame seeds and ginger. Reserve and set aside ¼ cup (60 mL) of the dressing. Add cabbage to remaining dressing in bowl; toss to coat.
- 2 Divide lettuce and rice among bowls; top with chicken, cabbage, carrots, snow peas, sweet pepper and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with almonds.