Break a tradition to make a tradition! Shake up classic basil pesto and give it an Asian twist with the earthy spice of McCormick Gourmet Matcha Green Tea with Ginger Seasoning. Blend the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Then serve over chicken and pasta for dinner, or spread onto crostini for an appetizer.
- 2 cups (500 mg) fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup (75 mg) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mg) toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp (30 mg) parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mg) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mg) Matcha Green Tea and Ginger Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (2 mg) Organic Black Pepper Coarse Grind
- 1/4 tsp (1 mg) Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt Grinder To taste
- 1 Place all ingredients in blender container, cover. Process until well blended and smooth. If pesto is too thick, add 1 to 2 tbsp (15-30 mL) water. Serve with pasta, grilled meats, or on crostini.