This savoury spin on the usual weekend waffle is the perfect partner for scrambled eggs. Or, for added luxury, top waffles with poached eggs and prepared McCormick International Hollandaise Sauce.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (310 milliliters) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons (20 milliliters) Chives Freeze Dried
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) baking powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) each salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1 In large bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and oil. In separate bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, chives, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper; stir into egg mixture just until combined. Stir in cheese and bacon. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2 Heat waffle iron; grease well. Using about ½ cup (125 mL) batter per waffle, pour onto waffle iron. Close lid and cook until golden and crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan between each waffle.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• Place waffles in single layer on wire rack-lined baking sheet and keep warm in preheated 200°F (100°C) oven.