This homemade morning energizer invigorates the senses with a spicy syrup featuring Cayenne Pepper. Tart apple and crisp cucumber muddled together with sweet, sparkling clementine juice balance out the heat.
INGREDIENTS 2 SERVINGS
- Cayenne Pepper Syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) water
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Cayenne Pepper
- Fizz ‘n Fruit Energizer
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) sparkling clementine juice
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) diced, peeled Granny Smith apple (1/2-inch/1.25 cm dice)
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) sliced, seedless cucumber, plus additional slices for garnish
- Ice Cubes
- 1 For the Cayenne Pepper Syrup, mix sugar, water and red pepper in small saucepan. Bring to simmer on medium heat. Simmer until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Cool. (This makes enough syrup for 8 drinks.)
- 2 For the Fizz ‘n Fruit Energizer, divide apple and cucumber among 2 beverage glasses. Pour 2 tablespoons of the Cayenne Pepper Syrup into each glass; muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon. Fill each glass with ice cubes. Top each with 1/2 cup sparkling clementine juice. Garnish with cucumber slices, if desired.
- 3 Test Kitchen Tip: Fizz ‘n Fruit Cocktail: Add 2 ounces (60 mL) gin to each glass to make this a brunch-time cocktail.