Spicy, sweet grilled chicken wings are a must on any party menu. These Japanese-inspired wings are first marinated with a sake, soy sauce, Ginger and Garlic mixture. Then they’re skewered before grilling for easy cooking and a fun presentation. Sprinkle with Homemade W...
Spicy, sweet grilled chicken wings are a must on any party menu. These Japanese-inspired wings are first marinated with a sake, soy sauce, Ginger and Garlic mixture. Then they’re skewered before grilling for easy cooking and a fun presentation. Sprinkle with Homemade Wasabi Furikake Seasoning for a bold finishing touch.Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) mirin
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) sake
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliters) Ginger Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) chicken wing pieces
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliters) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Homemade Wasabi Furikake Seasoning, plus additional for sprinkling (see separate recipe)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Mix brown sugar, mirin, sake, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic powder in medium bowl. Reserve ½ cup (125mL) for the glaze.
- 2 Place chicken wings in large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- 3 Stir cornstarch into reserved marinade. Bring to boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in Wasabi Furikake Seasoning. Pour glaze into large bowl. Set aside.
- 4 Remove wings from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread 1, each flat and drumstick, wing piece crosswise onto 2 skewers. Grill wings over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- 5 Brush wings with reserved glaze. Sprinkle with additional Wasabi Furikake Seasoning and green onions before serving.
- 6 Tip: Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. This prevents them from burning on the grill.
Go To Meal Planner