Small slices of baguette toasted with olive oil and thyme, topped with thin slices of just-seared flank steak and a compote of balsamic vinegar caramelized onions.
Small slices of baguette toasted with olive oil and thyme, topped with thin slices of just-seared flank steak and a compote of balsamic vinegar caramelized onions.Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 12 slices baguette
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Thyme Leaves
- Sea Salt Grinder , To Taste
- Black Peppercorn Grinder , To Taste
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (25 gram) Brown Gravy Mix with Club House La Grille Montreal Steak Spice Flavour
- 5 ounces (150 gram) flank steak
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) parmesan cheese petals
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Parsley Flakes
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2 Place slices of baguette on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bake 4-5 minutes until bread is golden brown. Set aside.
- 3 Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the onions and brown for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and mix in balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- 4 Prepare gravy according to package directions.
- 5 Season the flank steak with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown the steak for 2 minutes per side. Place steak on a lined baking sheet and bake 4-5 minutes, until medium rare (145°F/63°C). Brush with prepared gravy and let sit 5 minutes.
- 6 Cut steak into 12 slices. Divide caramelized onions between baguette slices. Top with flank steak and a drizzle of remaining gravy. Garnish with parmesan petals and parsley.
Go To Meal Planner