- 1 pound (500 g) lean ground beef
- 2 cups (500 ml) cubed red potatoes skin on (about 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) French's® Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) French's® Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) French’s Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped fresh tomato
- 4 cups (1 l) Beef Stock
- 2 cups (500 ml) shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- Croutons (optional)
- Crisply cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
- 1 HEAT 4-quart (1L) saucepan on medium heat. Add ground beef, potatoes and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or just until beef is browned and potatoes and onions are softened. Drain fat.
- 2 STIR in Ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, Mustard and salt until well blended. Add tomatoes and stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in 1 cup (250ml) of the cheese.
- 3 LADLE soup into serving bowls and sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese. Top with croutons and bacon, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)