Upgrade your standard turkey sandwich to this beauty starring fluffy white bread piled high with deli turkey, crispy bacon, greens, Gouda cheese and our favourite part - the mouthwatering flavour of French’s® Creamy Sweet Applewood Mustard Spread.
Upgrade your standard turkey sandwich to this beauty starring fluffy white bread piled high with deli turkey, crispy bacon, greens, Gouda cheese and our favourite part - the mouthwatering flavour of French’s® Creamy Sweet Applewood Mustard Spread.Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) butter
- 4 cups (1 liter) thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) salt
- 10 tablespoons (150 milliliters) French's® Creamy Sweet Applewood Mustard , divided
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon , cut in half
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) spring mix greens
- 4 slices Gouda cheese
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces/250g) sliced deli turkey
- 1 MELT butter in large skillet on medium-low heat. Add onions and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and caramelized. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons (30ml) of the Creamy Mustard Spread. Set aside.
SPREAD about 1 tablespoon (15ml) Mustard Spread on 1 side of each slice of bread. Layer 4 slices of the bread with 4 pieces bacon, 1/2 cup (125ml) spring mix, 2 slices cheese, 1/4 of the caramelized onions and 1/4 of the turkey. Top with remaining bread slices. Cut diagonally to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Make it a BLT! Sub romaine lettuce leaves for the spring mix and add sliced tomatoes.
•Make it on a bagel and add a fried egg for a breakfast version.
•Cut bread into cubes and toast on a sheet pan with a drizzle of olive oil until crisp. Chop sandwich toppings into bite size pieces and toss with Creamy Mustard. Divide between bowls, toss in prepared croutons, and drizzle with additional creamy mustard for an easy chef salad bowl!
Go To Meal Planner