The classic roast beef sandwich gets a sweet and smoky twist with French’s® Creamy Honey Chipotle Mustard Spread and toppings like pepper Jack cheese and avocado on a crunchy Portuguese roll.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 4 Portuguese rolls , split
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) French's® Creamy Honey Chipotle Mustard Spread , divided
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) spring mix greens
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese, cut in half diagonally
- 8 thin slices red onion
- 1 medium avocado , peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pounds (8 ounces/250g) sliced deli roast beef
SPREAD 1 tablespoon (15ml) creamy mustard on cut-sides of each roll. Layer bottom half of each roll with 2 slices red onion, 1/4 cup (60ml) spring mix and 2 slices cheese. Top each with 1/4 of the sliced avocado and 1/4 of the roast beef. Finish with top half of rolls.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Make sandwich on rye bread, adding sauerkraut and subbing Swiss cheese for a mayo-free play on a Rueben sandwich.
•Roll it up! Skip the bread and slather creamy mustard on sliced roast beef. Top with onion, pickles, cheese, and spring mix. Roll up for a hand-held, low carb meal to go!
•Swap leftover taco night tortillas in place of the bread in this sandwich for a roast beef wrap.