Hot dogs with French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard? It’s a way of life. Up the game by basting dogs in a bold beer mustard sauce and topping with tangy-sweet caramelized mustard onions. Try this recipe with sausage and brats, too!
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 bottle (341ml) lager beer
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) French’s Classic Yellow Mustard , plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Liquid Honey Bear
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) butter
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) yellow onions , sliced 1/2-inch (1-cm) thick
jumbo all beef
, scored diagonally
- smoked sausage links, scored diagonally
hot dog rolls
- hoagie rolls
- 1 Mix beer, Mustard and honey in medium bowl; set aside.
- 2 Heat large cast iron skillet on grill over medium heat 3 minutes. Melt butter in skillet. Add onions; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until softened and lightly browned. Add hot dogs to skillet and stir in beer mixture. Cook 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- 3 Remove hot dogs from skillet and place directly on grill; cook 2 to 3 minutes, basting with sauce from skillet. Meanwhile, toast rolls on grill, open-side down, about 30 seconds.
- 4 To serve, place hot dogs on rolls. Top with onions and drizzle with additional Mustard and desired condiments, if desired.