INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 pound (500 grams) lean gorund beef
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) French's® Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) French’s Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) salt , divided
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) Pepper Black Ground
- 4 cups (1 liter) milk
- 1/2 package (about 8 ounces/250g) elbow macaroni
- 8 slices (250 grams) American cheese
- 3 cups (750 milliliters) shredded Cheddar cheese , divided
- 1 PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C). Cook bacon in large cast iron or oven-proof skillet until crispy. Remove bacon and crumble; set aside. Drain skillet. Add beef and onion to skillet; cook and stir until beef is browned and onions are softened. Drain fat.
- 2 ADD Ketchup, Mustard, 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) of the salt and pepper to beef mixture in skillet; cook and stir until well blended and heated through. Remove skillet from heat; set aside.
- 3 MEANWHILE, bring milk to simmer in large saucepan. Add pasta and remaining 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) salt. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally. Stir in American cheese and 2 cups (500ml) of the Cheddar cheese until melted and smooth.
- 4 POUR macaroni and cheese mixture evenly over beef mixture in skillet. Top with remaining 1 cup (250ml) Cheddar cheese. Transfer skillet to oven.
- 5 BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.