French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard in homemade biscuits? Ya’ heard that right! Tangy mustard balances out the sharp cheddar and buttermilk flavours to create a memorable dinner side in less than 30 minutes.
INGREDIENTS 14 SERVINGS
- 2 1/4 cups (275 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (11 milliliter) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 milliliters) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) (125g) cold unsalted butter , cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Onion Powder
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) French’s Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) buttermilk
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into large bowl; mix well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk and mustard; mix just until dough comes together. (Do not over mix.) Mix in Cheddar cheese using clean hands, just until blended.
- 2 Turn dough out to lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out 14 rounds with 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 3 Bake 13 to 15 minutes until biscuits are lightly browned.
Go To Meal Planner