French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard in homemade biscuits? Ya’ heard that right! Tangy mustard balances out the sharp cheddar and buttermilk flavours to create a memorable dinner side in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 1/4 cups (275 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsps (11 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (3 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) (125g) cold unsalted butter cut into chunks
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Onion Powder
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) French’s Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (250 ml) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into large bowl; mix well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk and mustard; mix just until dough comes together. (Do not over mix.) Mix in Cheddar cheese using clean hands, just until blended.
- 2 Turn dough out to lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out 14 rounds with 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 3 Bake 13 to 15 minutes until biscuits are lightly browned.