A luscious, jewel-hued summer soup — the deep earthy flavour of beets is complemented by the delicate sweetness of Billy Bee honey.
- 1 pound (500 g) fresh beets
- 1 cup (250 ml) each 1-in (2.5 cm) julienne cucumber and carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped green onion
- 3 cups (750 ml) No Salt Added Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Liquid Honey Beehive
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sour cream
- 1 Place beets in a large pot on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook about 30 minutes or until very tender. Strain beets. Cool slightly. Remove skin. Set aside to cool completely.
- 2 Julienne beets and place in a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients, except sour cream; stir well.
- 3 Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Top with sour cream to garnish.
- 4 Test Kitchen Tip: Try using low-fat sour cream or low fat plain yogurt instead of sour cream.