Caraway Seed packs an earthy, anise-like punch – just the right flavour to balance out the sweet honey glaze on this carrot side dish.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) margarine
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) onion
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 gram) carrots, peeled and cut into ½" rounds
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) Liquid Honey Squeeze Substitution Available
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Caraway Seed
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) water
- Sea Salt Grinder , to taste
- Ground Black Pepper , to taste
- 1 In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add margarine and onions, sauté 2 minutes.
- 2 Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender. Strain and reserve liquid and carrots. Pour liquid back into skillet. Cook until reduced by half or until it resembles a glaze.
- 3 Toss carrots in glaze to coat all over. Serve immediately.