Try this unique twist on traditional Tex Mex fajitas. A squeeze of Billy Bee Liquid Honey takes this easy recipe to the next level, complementing the Southwest-inspired chili heat and tangy lime.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound (250 gram) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) water
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) lime juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliter) Liquid Honey Upside Down Squeeze , optional
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) Tex Mex
- 1 In a skillet, heat 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add red bell pepper, onion and sauté 2 minutes. Remove to side plate.
- 2 Add remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil to skillet. Add chicken breasts and sauté in small batches for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3 Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix together water, lime juice, billy bee honey and Club House Tex Mex Signature Blend.
- 4 Add cooked pepper, onion and seasoning mixture to chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5 Spoon chicken mixture into soft flour tortillas and garnish with salsa, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce and cheese, guacamole or sour cream.