The key to pleasing everyone at the table with this tender, juicy roasted turkey? The sauce! Made with honey, lemon and apricot, it features a touch of Chili Pepper Chipotle for a finish bursting with sweet heat.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 2 turkey breast, skin on
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) oil
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) liquid honey bee (billy bee/)
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) diced onions
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) dried apricots, diced
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Chili Pepper Chipotle
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) margarine
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) lemon juice
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) turkey or chicken stock
- Sea Salt Grinder , To taste
- Ground Black Pepper , To taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Season turkey with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Use a skillet that can go into the oven. In a large skillet, on high heat, add oil and place turkey in pan skin, side down. Reduce heat to medium and brown on all sides. Place skillet in oven and roast turkey for about 50 minutes or until internal temperature of 165°F.
- 3 In medium sauce pot on medium heat, add margarine and onions. Cook for 2 minutes then stir in turkey stock, dried apricots, apricot preserves, lemon juice, Billy Bee Honey for Passover and chipotle pepper.
- 4 Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, if necessary. Serve sauce with sliced turkey.