This citrus-infused marinade creates a light, flavourful salmon that pairs well with steamed vegetables and rice.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) Liquid Honey Squeeze Substitution Available
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 pound (500 gram) salmon fillets, skinless, cut into 4 portions
- 1 In large self-seal bag, combine orange juice, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and Billy Bee Honey. Mix well. Reserve half for use later in recipe.
- 2 Add salmon fillets to marinade in self-seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
- 3 In large skillet, heat vegetable oil over med-hi heat. Add salmon and sear 1 minute per side. Discard leftover marinade.
- 4 In saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Place bamboo steamer (or similar steamer) over boiling broth. Transfer seared salmon into steamer. Cover and steam 2 -3 minutes or until salmon reaches an internal temperature of 140°F (80°C).
- 5 Meanwhile, in same skillet, reduce heat to medium. Add reserved marinade and bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened and reduced by half, stirring constantly.
- 6 To serve, spoon glaze over each salmon filet.
Go To Meal Planner