Sweet and salty honey-pecan bacon. Yes, you heard us right. Stuffed into a sandwich with goat cheese, this might be your new favourite sandwich.
INGREDIENTS 2 SERVINGS
- 4 thick cut bacon
- 5 tablespoon (75 milliliter) Liquid Honey Jar , divided
- 4 tablespoon (60 milliliter) crushed pecans
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) soft goat cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon (7 milliliter) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tomato, sliced into 4 slices
- 4 of bread, toasted
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place bacon strips onto parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of honey. Sprinkle crushed pecans on top and bake until crisp.
- 2 In a small bowl, blend goat cheese, remaining honey and balsamic vinegar together until soft.
- 3 Assemble sandwiches on toasted bread by spreading each with goat cheese mixture, 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of pecan bacon. Place remaining toasted bread slices on top to make a sandwich.