These succulent chops come together just in time for a sweet and savoury weeknight meal.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 4 pork chops, lean, center-cut , (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tart, green apple, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliters) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliters) Liquid Honey Upside Down Squeeze
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliters) currants
- Sea Salt Grinder , To taste
- Ground Black Pepper , To taste
- 1 In large, heavy skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 2 Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook and stir until lightly browned. Add apple. Cook and stir until soft and liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add vinegar, stirring to dislodge caramelized juices. Stir in honey and currants; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3 Return pork chops to pan, spooning chutney over chops. Cook until chops are cooked through and glaze is syrupy, about 5 more minutes.