Who said you can’t grill lemonade? Not you, that’s for sure. Turn up the heat and add an extra smoky kick to this summer classic.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 12 lemons
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) Liquid Honey Upside Down Squeeze
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) hot water
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) sugar
- 4 cups (1 liter) cold water
- 2 springs fresh mint
- 1 Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2 Cut one lemon into thin slices for garnish. Cut remaining lemons in half.
- 3 Grill the lemon slices and halves until they begin to caramelize. Cool. Set aside the slices.
- 4 Squeeze the juice out of all the lemon halves through a strainer into a medium bowl.
- 5 In a large bowl, combine the honey, hot water and sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- 6 Add reserved lemon juice and cold water. Stir well.
- 7 Pour into a serving pitcher. Garnish with mint sprigs and reserved lemon slices.
- 8 Chef’s Tip: Try adding Club House Imitation Rum Extract for extra flavour.