Tender figs, salty prosciutto, sweet honey and savoury gorgonzola come together in a medley of flavour for this decadently perfect appetizer.
- 1 In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, add balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Let cool.
- 2 Carefully cut figs in half vertically. Using a small spoon, scoop out approximately a ½ tsp (2 mL) of fig from the centre of each half.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine cheese and remaining honey. Stir until smooth.
- 4 Fill each fig with 2 tsp (10 mL) of cheese mixture. Wrap each fig with 1 slice of prosciutto.
- 5 Place filled figs on a medium-high grill and cook until cheese begins to melt. Place onto a serving dish and drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.
- 6 Chef’s Tip: Try using brie, goat cheese or your favourite soft cheese to replace the gorgonzola.