Tender figs, salty prosciutto, sweet honey and savoury gorgonzola come together in a medley of flavour for this decadently perfect appetizer.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) Liquid Honey Beehive
- 12 fresh figs
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 4 ounce (125 gram) prosciutto, thinly sliced (12 pieces)
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, add balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Let cool.
- 2 Carefully cut figs in half vertically. Using a small spoon, scoop out approximately a ½ tsp (2 mL) of fig from the centre of each half.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine cheese and remaining honey. Stir until smooth.
- 4 Fill each fig with 2 tsp (10 mL) of cheese mixture. Wrap each fig with 1 slice of prosciutto.
- 5 Place filled figs on a medium-high grill and cook until cheese begins to melt. Place onto a serving dish and drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.
- 6 Chef’s Tip: Try using brie, goat cheese or your favourite soft cheese to replace the gorgonzola.
Go To Meal Planner