Sweet and heat pair up in these crunchy-tart pickled veggies!
- 1 Wash and sterilize mason jars, screw bands and snap lids according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- 2 Cut vegetables into ¼-in x ¼-in x 2-in (0.5 cm x 0.5 cm x 5 cm) long strips.
- 3 Pack vegetables into sterilized mason jars.
- 4 Bring honey, vinegar, spice and Tabasco to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- 5 Pour liquid into vegetable-filled mason jar stopping ¼-in (0.5 cm) from the top. Wipe rim of jar, screw on top and tighten.
- 6 Place jars into a large pot with water completely covering them. Bring pot to boil and boil for 30 minutes. Remove jars and place in refrigerator for at least 1 day to allow flavours to develop.