Warm up with a bowl of chicken and rice soup. Comforting and classic, boullion infuses the homemade broth with a robust, savoury chicken flavour that will keep the whole family coming back for more.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) uncooked wild rice
- 6 cups (1.5 liters) water , divided
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) butter
- 2 ribs celery , thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium carrot , halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) flour
- 2 McCormick Gourmet Chicken Style Bouillon Cubes , crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Organic Rosemary Crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Black Pepper Coarse Grind
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliters) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 Place rice and 2 cups (500 mL) of the water in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- 2 Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add celery, carrot and onion; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add flour, crumbled bouillon cubes, rosemary and pepper; sauté 1 minute.
- 3 Gradually stir in remaining 4 cups (1 L) water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken and cooked wild rice; simmer 5 minutes longer or until chicken is heated through.