Lime juice, garlic and the fruity heat of Peruvian Amarilla Chili Pepper are the stars of the show in this twist on warm potato salad.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 grams) fingerling potatoes , cut in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) diced red onion , (1/4-inch dice)
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 milliliter) sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5 milliliters) Peruvian Amarillo Chili Pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion , divided
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and boil for 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Strain and set aside.
- 2 In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, but not browned. Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute. Transfer to bowl and allow to cool.
- 3 In a blender, combine onion mixture, mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, ground Peruvian pepper, and blend until smooth. Stir in 1 Tbsp (30 ml) of sliced green onions.
- 4 In a large bowl, combine warm potatoes and sauce, and lightly toss to combine.
- 5 Place potato salad in a bowl and garnish with remaining sliced green onions.