Black Garlic brings a sweet smokiness to this hearty risotto dish that comes together in less than 30 minutes at the stove.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 4 tablespoon (60 milliliter) unsalted butter , divided
- 1 shallot , minced
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) thinly sliced mushrooms , like cremini or shiitake
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) white wine
- 4 cups (1 liter) no salt added chicken stock , warm
- 2 tablespoon (10 milliliter) black garlic (mccormick )
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliter) grated parmesan , or more if desired
- 1 In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter. Add shallot and mushrooms and sauté until shallot is translucent and mushrooms have softened.
- 2 Add rice and cook 1 to 2 minutes to toast. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 3 Stir warm chicken stock into rice mixture, ½ cup (125 mL) at a time, and cook until almost all the liquid has been absorbed, stirring constantly. Repeat this step until all the chicken stock has been used, and the rice is tender, stirring constantly. If needed, use additional stock or water until the rice is tender.
- 4 Stir in black garlic seasoning, remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter and grated parmesan.
- 5 Serve with additional parmesan, if desired.
- 6 Test Kitchen Tip: It’s important to constantly stir the rice during cooking. This is what makes it super creamy.
Go To Meal Planner