This colourful, meatless main is packed with protein and will satisfy even the heartiest of appetites. It’s perfect as a portable lunch or hunger-busting dinner.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Liquid Honey Squeeze
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 milliliter) Chili Pepper Chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 can (540 milliliter) chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in bite-size cubes
- 225 gram cherry tomatoes (or about 32)
- 4 cups (1 liter) lightly packed baby arugula or spinach
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) cooked and cooled quinoa or brown rice
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) cubed or crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) raw unsalted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- 2 Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, honey, Chipotle Chili Pepper and salt; add chickpeas, sweet potato and tomatoes, tossing to coat. Transfer to prepared pan.
- 3 Roast in oven, stirring once halfway through, until chickpeas are golden and crisping up, sweet potatoes are tender and tomatoes are collapsed and wrinkly; about 40 minutes. Let cool on pan at least 10 minutes.
- 4 Divide arugula and quinoa among bowls. Top each with some of the chickpea mixture, the avocado and feta. Sprinkle with pepitas.
- 5 Test Kitchen Tip: Make it vegan by omitting the feta cheese and replacing honey with maple syrup.