Tropical jackfruit replaces the usual pulled pork or chicken in this slow-cooked dish. Made with smoked paprika and No Salt Added Vegetable Cooking Stock, use to make tasty barbecue-style sandwiches without the meat.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) No Salt Added Vegetable Cooking Stock
- 1 can (156 ml) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) molasses
- 2 tsps (10 ml) Paprika Smoked
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Chili Pepper Chipotle
- 2 cans (each 20 oz/565 g) young jackfruit in brine drained
- 1 In 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients except jackfruit. Cover and cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH, stirring halfway through cooking.
- 2 Shred jackfruit and stir into mixture; heat through. Serve on sliced buns, if desired.