These brightly-coloured peppers are packed with robust flavour thanks to cumin, paprika, garlic and salt. Stuffed with a filling mixture of quinoa and chicken, they’re great as a main dish or side. Make it vegetarian by skipping the chicken.
1h 5 min
- 6 assorted sweet bell peppers (red, orange or yellow)
- 2 cups (500 mililiters) Chicken Cooking Stock , divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mililiters) quinoa
- 2 tablespoons (30 mililiters) olive oil
- 4 cups (1 liter) baby kale , coarsely chopped
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 cups (750 mililiters) shredded cooked chicken
- 3 teaspoons (15 mililiters) Paprika , divided
- 1 Cumin Ground
- 1/2 Garlic Powder
- 1 Sea Salt Grinder , divided
- 3/4 cup (175 mililiters) panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons (30 mililiters) melted butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mililiters) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Slice tops from peppers; remove ribs and seeds. Slice a thin layer from bottoms of peppers to allow peppers to stand upright.
- 2 In saucepan set over medium-high heat, heat 1 cup (250 mL) stock until boiling. Add quinoa and reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork; set aside.
- 3 In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat; sauté kale, onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes or until kale is wilted. Stir in chicken, cooked quinoa and remaining broth. Add 2 tsp (10 mL) paprika, cumin, garlic powder and 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt; remove from heat. Divide mixture evenly among peppers.
- 4 Toss together panko, melted butter, parsley, and remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika and ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt; sprinkle over peppers. Place peppers in greased 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking dish. Pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) water into pan; cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for about 10 minutes more or until panko is toasted.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• For a vegetarian option, replace chicken with cooked, cubed tofu.
• Spoon pan drippings over the cooked peppers before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.