These grilled chicken skewers come together in less than ten minutes on the grill with a burst of Indonesian Sambal flavour.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 pound (750 grams) chicken breast , cubed
- 4 tablespoons (60 milliliters) vegetable oil , divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22.5 milliliters) Sambal Oelek
- 1 tablespoons (15 milliliters) lime juice
- 6 wooden skewers
- 1 Soak skewers in water. Set aside.
- 2 In a large resealable bag combine chicken, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil, seasoning and lime juice. Mix to coat the chicken and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 3 Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 4 Thread about 5 pieces of chicken onto each soaked skewer.
- 5 Place skewers on a well-oiled grill and cook 10-15 minutes, turning often, until cooked through or an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) is reached. Test Kitchen Tip: Soaking the skewers is water before grilled helps prevent them from burning.