Mash Smoked Paprika into avocado, spread onto crispy toast and top with a poached egg for this elevated take on homemade avocado toast.
INGREDIENTS 2 SERVINGS
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 large avocado
- 2-4 slices tomato
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Paprika Smoked , divided
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- 2 Meanwhile, toast bread and pit and peel the avocado.
- 3 In a small bowl, lightly mash the avocado and mix in ¼ tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika. Divide among the 2 slices of bread and spread into an even layer. Top with 1-2 slices of tomato.
- 4 Once water is boiling, reduce to a simmer and stir in vinegar. Crack eggs into two small bowls. Create a whirlpool in the pot by stirring the water in one direction. Quickly, but carefully, pour the eggs into the water. Cook for 3-4 minutes for a soft yolk and 5 minutes for a firmer yolk. Once cooked to your desired doneness, remove egg and place on paper towel to absorb the water.
- 5 Place eggs on each piece of toast and sprinkle with remaining ¼ tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika and salt and pepper to taste.