Spicy grilled chicken doesn’t get any better than this. Flavoured with a homemade marinade starring McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, this grilled jerk chicken recipe is great for family dinners, celebrations like Father’s Day dinner, and ... Spicy grilled chicken doesn’t get any better than this. Flavoured with a homemade marinade starring McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, this grilled jerk chicken recipe is great for family dinners, celebrations like Father’s Day dinner, and every meal in between. Like it spicy, add optional habaneros for an extra kick of heat. Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 1/4 cup (300 milliliters) sliced green ionion
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 4 large cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) grated fresh ginger
fresh habanero pepper
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) bone-in chicken thighs and legs
- 1 Place green onions, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, Jerk Seasoning, garlic, ginger and habanero pepper in blender container. Cover. Blend until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup (125ml) of the marinade for basting.
- 2 Place chicken in large glass dish. Add remaining marinade to dish; turning chicken to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Remove chicken from marinade; discard any remaining marinade.
- 3 Prepare grill for indirect medium-high heat. Place chicken on unlit side of grill. Grill 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F/74°C), turning every 15 minutes and basting with reserved marinade. Transfer chicken, skin side down, to lit side of the grill. Grill 3 to 5 minutes until skin is lightly browned and crisped. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Go To Meal Planner