INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 1/4 cups (300 milliliters) plain Greek yogurt , divided
- 5 teaspoons (25 milliliters) Organic Shawarma Seasoning , divided
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
boneless skinless chicken breast
- boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium seedless cucumber , thinly sliced
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 4 pita pockets , halved
- 1 Mix 1 cup (250 ml) yogurt and 1 tsp (5 ml) Shawarma Seasoning in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 Mix oil, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) yogurt, remaining 4 teaspoons (20 ml) Seasoning and salt in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the mixture; set aside. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 1 hour or longer for extra flavour.
- 3 Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Grill over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F/ 74°C), brushing with reserved marinade.
- 4 Slice chicken into thin strips. Serve in pitas with cucumber, lettuce and yogurt dressing.