This crowd-pleasing and puffy baked pancake is so fast and easy to make it’s sure to be your go-to weekend brunch dish.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). In small bowl, stir sugar with cinnamon; set aside.
- 2 In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt. Whisk in flour just until smooth.
- 3 Heat a 9-inch (23 cm) cast-iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add butter, swirling pan until melted. Sprinkle pan evenly with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the cinnamon-sugar mixture; pour in batter and immediately transfer to oven.
- 4 Bake until puffed and golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Top with berries and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cut into wedges and serve.
- 5 Test Kitchen Tip: Use your favourite berries, such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries, or other seasonal sliced fruit, and add a spoonful of whipped cream, if desired.