These spicy ribs are flavoured with 2 chiles -- chipotle chile pepper and chili powder -- then sweetened with brown sugar and maple syrup. You can even bake the ribs a day ahead and grill just before serving.
1h 10 min
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Chili Pepper Chipotle
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Organic Cinnamon Saigon
- 1/2 teaspoons (2 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 3 pounds (1.5 kilograms) pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) water
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) pure maple syrup
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Mix brown sugar, chili powder, chipotle chile pepper, cinnamon, garlic powder and sea salt in small bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly on ribs.
- 2 Place ribs in single layer on foil-lined roasting pan. Pour water into pan. Cover with foil.
- 3 Bake 1 hour or until meat starts to pull away from bones. Brush ribs with maple syrup.
- 4 Broil or grill over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes per side or until ribs are evenly browned