Deep coca flavour is perfectly enhanced by peppery Peruvian Amarillo Chili Pepper and Ground Cinnamon in this delightfully rich take on traditional homemade brownies.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease an 8x8-inch (20 x 20 cm) square baking pan and set aside.
- 2 Combine dry brownie mix with water, egg and oil. Mix until well blended, stir in 2 tsp (10 ml) of ground Peruvian pepper, cinnamon, vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
- 3 Pour and spread mix into prepared pan.
- 4 Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool in pan. Cut into 16 squares.
- 5 Combine icing sugar and remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) ground Peruvian pepper.
- 6 Dust each brownie with icing sugar mixture.