Double up on the sesame seeds in this picture-perfect cookie recipe. Both toasted sesame seeds and black sesame seeds create texture, colour and a warm, nutty taste. Dip cookies in chocolate and sprinkle with extra sesames for a finishing touch.
- 3 cups (750 mililiters) flour
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 miligram) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mililiter) salt
- 1 cup (250 mililiters) (2 sticks) unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup (250 mililiters) sugar
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mililiters) sesame oil
- 3/4 cup (175 mililiters) Sesame Seed , toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mililiters) Sesame Seed Black
- 6 ounces (188 grams) dark chocolate , melted
- 1 Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk and sesame oil; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until dough begins to pull away from sides of bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the toasted sesame seeds and black sesame seeds. Divide dough in half. Form each half into a log, about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Remove dough from refrigerator and cut into 1/4-inch (1/2- cm) thick slices. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 3 Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 Dip each cookie in melted chocolate, coating about 1/3 of each cookie. Sprinkle cookies with remaining toasted sesame seeds. Let stand at room temperature on wax paper-lined tray 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.