Double up on the sesame seeds in this picture-perfect cookie recipe. Both toasted sesame seeds and black sesame seeds create texture, colour and a warm, nutty taste. Dip cookies in chocolate and sprinkle with extra sesames for a finishing touch.
- 3 cups (750 ml) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 mg) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) whole milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sesame oil
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Sesame Seed toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Sesame Seed Black
- 6 ozs (188 g) dark chocolate melted
- 1 Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk and sesame oil; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until dough begins to pull away from sides of bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the toasted sesame seeds and black sesame seeds. Divide dough in half. Form each half into a log, about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Remove dough from refrigerator and cut into 1/4-inch (1/2- cm) thick slices. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 3 Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 Dip each cookie in melted chocolate, coating about 1/3 of each cookie. Sprinkle cookies with remaining toasted sesame seeds. Let stand at room temperature on wax paper-lined tray 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Chocolate Dipped Sesame Cookies