This twist on the classic cocktail has a spicy kick of smoky paprika and chipotle. Olive brine is what makes this martini “dirty”. Choose green, martini-style olives that are pimento-stuffed or pitted and preserved in brine.
- Smoked Olives:
- 1 jar (750 mililiters) martini-style olives
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mililiters) Crushed Chipotle Pepper
- Dirty Martini:
- 4 small thin lemon slices
- 8 ice cubes
- 6 ounces (180 mililiters) vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mililiters) dry white vermouth
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) brine from Smoked Olives
- 4 Smoked Olives
- 1 In a large jar or bowl, combine almonds and 2 ½ cups (625 mL) of the water. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 4 hours or refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- 2 Drain and rinse almonds; place in blender along with honey, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and remaining 3 ½ cups (875 mL) water. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes or until very smooth. Add more vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and honey as needed.
- 3 Working in batches, strain mixture through double layer of cheesecloth-lined sieve into large bowl. Gather edges of cheesecloth together, twisting to form seal. Squeeze over bowl to release as much milk as possible. (Alternately, use a nut milk bag and follow manufacturer’s instructions.)
- 4 Discard almond pulp or reserve for another use. Repeat with remaining milk mixture. Pour into a 1 L jar; seal and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Shake well before using.
- 5 Test Kitchen Tip: If you don’t mind a slightly grainy texture, skip the straining step and use blended milk on cereal and oatmeal.
- 6 Another favourite Billy Bee liquid honey can be swapped in for unpasteurized, if preferred.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.