Sip on this: A rich, filling broth made with fresh oyster mushrooms, seasoned with aromatic herbs like Organic Rubbed Sage and Thyme. A drizzle of avocado oil before serving in mugs provides the perfect finishing touch.
1h 15 min
INGREDIENTS 5 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) fresh oyster mushrooms, torn into strips
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) thinly sliced leeks, white and light green parts or 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) dry white wine
- 2 containers (946 milliliters) Unsalted Vegetable Stock
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Peppercorns Black
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Organic Sage Rubbed
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Thyme Leaves
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons (25 milliliters) avocado oil, divided
- 1 Heat oil in 8-quart (7.6 L) stockpot on high heat. Add mushrooms, leeks and garlic; cook and stir until vegetables begin to brown. Deglaze with wine, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.
- 2 Add stock, peppercorns, sage, sea salt and thyme; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 hour.
- 3 Strain broth through fine mesh strainer. Discard solids. Stir lemon juice into broth. Season as desired with salt and pepper. Pour broth into beverage glasses or mugs. Drizzle each with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the avocado oil just before serving.