Seasoned with the spicy flavour of Harissa, shrimp skewers come off the grill with beautiful colour and intense taste, perfect for enjoying with fresh limes.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- Harissa Mayonnaise -
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Harissa
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) lime juice
- Harissa Shrimp Skewers -
- 1 pound (450 grams) jumbo shrimp (16/20 count), , peeled and deveined, tail on
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Harissa
- 3 limes, , cut in half
- 6 wooden skewers
- 1 Combine all ingredients for the Harissa Mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2 Soak skewers in water and set aside.
- 3 In large resealable bag combine shrimp, oil and seasoning. Mix to coat shrimp and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 4 Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 5 Thread shrimp onto wooden skewers, about 3 pieces per skewer.
- 6 Grill lime halves for 3-4 minutes until they have char marks. Set aside.
- 7 On a well-oiled grill, cook shrimp skewers until charred and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- 8 Serve shrimp skewers with grilled lime halves and harissa mayonnaise