Packaged naan or Indian flatbread is a quick and convenient “pizza” crust for turmeric-spiced onion, vine-ripened tomatoes and creamy goat cheese. Photo credit: Amy Johnson from She Wears Many Hats.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) oil , divided
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Turmeric Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Cumin Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 miligram) Red Pepper Crushed
- 2 pieces packaged naan
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes , sliced
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliter) crumbled goat cheese, chèvre
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) chopped fresh mint
- 1 Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil in medium skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in turmeric, cumin and red pepper. Set aside.
- 2 Brush tops of naan lightly with remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- 3 Spread ½ of the onion mixture evenly on each crust. Top with tomatoes and goat cheese. Close lid. Grill over low heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from grill. Sprinkle with mint. Serve immediately.