As the temperatures cool, heat up your appetite with this Brussels sprout salad. It’s full of savoury and sweet elements that blend seamlessly together. Unsalted Chicken Stock adds rich flavour, while McCormick Gourmet® Herbes de Provence bring an herby warmth. Drizzle with a homemade bacon vinaigrette and top with crumbled goat cheese and pecans.
- 1 cup (250 ml) Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 2 tsps (10 ml) Herbes de Provence
- 1 cup (250 ml) butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) Brussels sprouts quartered
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried cranberries
- 3 slices bacon chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 Bring stock and spices to a simmer in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; cook 2 minutes. Add squash, Brussels sprouts and cranberries and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- 2 In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or just until cooked, but not crisp. Add shallots and continue cooking 2 minutes until tender and bacon is crispy. Whisk in mustard and vinegar; cook and stir 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- 3 To serve, drizzle warm bacon vinaigrette over Brussels sprout mixture and top with crumbled goat cheese and pecans.