The rich flavours of mushrooms and onions create this fullbodied sauce you'll want to smother your favourite steak with.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) whole mushrooms
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) onions sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) Montreal Steak Spice 30-minute Marinade , divided
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) Beef Cooking Stock
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) whipping (35%) cream
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) cold water
- 1 Toss mushrooms and onions in ¼ cup (50 mL) of marinade. Grill vegetables on medium heat until cooked, approximately 4 minutes. Cool and slice mushrooms into ¼-in (0.5 cm) slices.
- 2 Combine all ingredients except cornstarch and water in a sauce pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3 Mix cornstarch with cold water. When sauce is boiling, whisk in cornstarch mixture and turn heat down to simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened to desired consistency.
- 4 Test Kitchen Tip: This is a great sauce to serve over your favourite steak.